We all know that collaboration is often critical to success, as Simon Sinek says “alone is hard, together is better.” But how can we be better together? It doesn’t happen by just getting together around a table or these days a zoom call, it happens when we create a culture of radical alignment.
In this episode Bob and Alex share:
- Their 4-step conversation framework that builds trust amongst teams
- The research behind leading with empathy to have meaningful conversations that lead to action
- The importance of trust and psychological safety within an organization
- How to create a culture where diversity thrives and everyone’s voices and ideas are valued.
- How to debate and share safely within organizations to generate new ideas
- The relationship between emotions and creativity
- Why we experience imposter syndrome and how to manage it
- Why children benefit from the conversation framework and how it can strengthen their social-emotional skills
You can learn more about their book and offers here. I hope you all enjoy my conversation with Bob Gower and Alex Jamieson, and as always we’d love if you tag us online and share your thoughts and takeaways.
I believe that the future should be designed. Not left to chance.
Over the past decade, using design thinking practices I've helped schools and businesses create a culture of innovation where everyone is empowered to move from idea to impact, to address complex challenges and discover opportunities.