Too often we network by proximity. In this episode Brian Fanzo shares his mantra, “press the damn button” to network with others through the sharing of stories. This is transformational because most of us build our network over time through proximity — people from your business school, or through family and friends. Not only do online platforms expand our networking opportunities but they open up people from industries you may never come in contact with.
Brian is a digital futurist who translates the trends of tomorrow to inspire change today. He is currently the Founder of iSocialFanz, which has helped launch digital and influencer strategies with the world’s most iconic brands like Dell, EMC, Adobe, IBM, UFC, Applebee’s, and SAP. Brian believes that we all need to pick up our phones and embrace his mantra “press the damn button” in doing so we share our stories with the world, building trust, awareness and connection with our communities.
In this episode Brian shares:
- How to break the proximity barriers to networking by sharing your work online
- Why he believes so deeply in his mantra “Press the Damn Button” and how you can get started
- Why the non linear life no longer exists and how to design a life around your strengths and interests
- How taking initiative can open unique opportunities despite your “qualifications”
- Why he is CEO of Team No Niche and why he believes finding your passion is bad advice and what to do instead
To connect and learn from Brian you can visit his website and find him on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram.
To connect with me Sabba, you can visit my website or join me on Twitter and Instagram.
I believe that the future should be designed. Not left to chance.
Over the past decade, using design thinking practices I've helped schools and businesses create a culture of innovation where everyone is empowered to move from idea to impact, to address complex challenges and discover opportunities.