Learning with Communities
In today’s world the easy part is having access to all the information we need to address challenges, start new businesses or explore opportunities. The hard part however is how to make sense of that information, how to curate, organize and make sense of it so that we can use it to ultimately enhance our lives, our communities and our world. Today we live in a world that many describe as the attention economy.
Think back over the past year as you were navigating your way through ambiguity, from best practices for remote work, to figuring out when the vaccine was available to you to, when you needed answers to problems you may not have had to even think of before where did you turn? How did you decide which article to read over another, did you turn to people online or those you knew in person?
Introducing Sabrina Goerlich
Today I’m delighted to introduce you to Sabrina Goerlich from Germany. Sabrina has been in the design industry for over 25 years, she’s the founder of Design Sprint Studio where she she focuses on helping companies to innovate with confidence and to enable their teams to establish a collaborative workflow by teaching the design print process. Sabrina is also the Google Sprint Chapter Lead for Stuttgart and the Co-Founder of the Talent Sprint
I’ve been a part of Sabrina’s Beyond Design Sprint Community and I’m fascinated by her gift for bringing people together around shared interests and how she has grown and strengthened her community. Today she’s joining us to talk about how she has seen design evolve, the role of design sprints in helping companies innovate and how we can build communities by design.
In This Episode
- How the design sprint process transitions Sabrina to move from designing for the client to designing with the client
- How she inspires teams to enhance their self-efficacy in their creative skills and abilities
- The conditions that need to be in place to implement a successful design sprint, from the team to the structures that are needed
- How Sabrina defines community and why she believes this is important in a rapidly changing world
- Advice about community building that Sabrina does not agree with
- The skills and mindsets Sabrina believes are important for young people to learn and how she is creating spaces to bring them together to enhance and develop them
Connect with Sabrina
Sabrina is one of the most dynamic people you will follow online. Her energy and enthusiasm is contagious and every day she inspires me to be a better leader and community builder. You can follow Sabrina on LinkedIn. To join her Beyond Design Sprint community click here.